US$10,000 Dalai Lama Foundation Graduate Scholarship
The Dalai Lama Foundation, again, invites applications from outstanding Tibetan graduate students for her eighth yearly graduate scholarship grants for the 2018/2019 academic session. To benefit from these scholarships, prospective candidate must have outstanding performance in their studies, be of Tibetan origin and be pursuing a regular graduate degree program in one of the reputable universities in Europe, Australia or North Americas.
This student grants is targeted at promoting human capital development of Tibetan students by rewarding excellence among graduate students of Tibetan origin in any field of study with potentials to impact positively on the welfare of Tibetan people and humanity at large.
Good command of English language is essential; therefore, English is the acceptable language when applying for this scholarship program.
- Course Level:Scholarships are for regular students pursuing full-time graduate degree program.
- Scholarship Award:These student grants of US$5,000 and US$10,000 are up for grab by outstanding students with excellent performances within their respective fields of study. The students’ career plans must be in line with the Tibetan culture of compassion and wisdom with an undying commitment to give back to their communities and be of great benefit to humanity.
- Number of Scholarships:The student grant, up to the tune of $10,000 will be awarded to ten to fifteen hardworking candidates of Tibetan descent.
- Locations: Scholarship can be taken in any graduate school withinEurope, Australia and North America.
- Deadline:Application ends on the 30th of April, 2018.
Eligible Countries: Special interest is on Tibetan students residing in India/Nepal.
- Applicants must be current students or have been offered study admission into a regular graduate degree program at any degree awarding universities in Australia, Europe or the Americas.
- It is required that applicants show proof of Tibetan heritage and contribution to continuity of Dhanglang Chatrel.
- Applicants will bear the cost of obtaining the necessary visas to attend their preferred university.
- Eligible candidates must be a current student pursuing graduate studies at any graduate level or at a professional school.
- All acceptable graduate programs should be one or multi-year regular courses offered by reputable universities.
- Language requirement:Good command of English language is essential; therefore, English is the acceptable language when applying for this scholarship program.
Applicants are expected to provide proof of offer of admission into a graduate degree program from a university in Europe, Australia or the Americas. Tibetan students residing in India/Nepal will be accorded special preference.
How to Apply:
Application is strictly online and Gmail account is required. Proceed to the Online Application link to apply.
To read more about the scholarship, please visit the Scholarship Link.