The annual graduate scholarship grants offered by the Dalai Lama Foundation has been announced. The grant for the academic year 2018-2019 is the eighth in its series. This grants for school is offered to exceptional Tibetan graduate students who are pursuing a full-time graduate degree program at any prestigious university in North America, Europe or Australia.
The aim of the grant is to bring about capacity building in Tibetan people by encouraging the pursuit of exceptionality in Tibetan students in a graduate field of study that has direct relevance and ability to bring about an improvement in the welfare of humanity and in the Tibetan people.
The applications are required to be written in the English Language, therefore applicants should have a good command of the English language.
The deadline for the Dalai Lama Foundation Scholarship is April 30, 2018
The grants for school is open to candidates who wish to pursue a full-time degree program
The worth of this grants for school is $5,000 and $10,000 and they are to be awarded to students who display exceptionality in their chosen fields and whose career plans for the future reflect the Tibetan culture of compassion and wisdom and also a willingness to benefit humanity and give back to their communities.
Number of scholarships:
Exceptional students of Tibetan descent numbering 10-15 will be selected to benefit from this scholarship worth $10,000
Students of Tibetan descent residing in Nepal or India are encouraged to apply
Below are the entrance requirements for the scholarship;
– Applicants should have been enrolled or accepted into a full-time degree program at any reputable university in Europe, Australia or the Americas.
– Applicants must present proof of their Tibetan heritage and their continuity of the Dhanglang chartrel contribution
– Applicants will be completely responsible for obtaining the necessary documentation to attend the University of their Choice
– To be eligible applicants should be pursuing graduate studies, this can be at the masters or Ph.D. level or in any professional institution
– The graduate programs must have a duration of at least one year or can be multiyear. It should be full-time courses and must be offered by recognized and accredited universities.
English Language requirement:
Candidates must have a good command of the English Language, as the application must be written in English
To apply, candidates must present official documentation showing acceptance or enrollment into a graduate program at any reputable university in Australia, Americas or Europe.
- Applicants must also show proof of their Tibetan origin
How to apply:
Interested candidates can only apply online. They must also have a Gmail account.
The link for online application is available here
To learn more about the scholarship, click here