Faculty of Social Sciences at Charles University (CU) in conjunction with the Czech Ministry of Education, Youth and Sport invite applications for a limited number of Development Scholarships for students of all fee-based academic programs.
Up to six academically top-performing applicants will be awarded the CU Foreign Scholarships.
In no later than one month from the date of their study registration, successful applicants will be paid at the beginning of their first semester. Students will not receive any advance payment prior to their arrival in Prague.
Charles University (CU) is one of the oldest and largest universities worldwide.
About the Scholarship:
- Deadline: Application closes on April 30, 2018
- Course Level:The eligible candidates for this student grants are students at the undergraduate and master’s degree program
- Study Subject: This scholarship covers all the subjects offered by the university.
- Scholarship Award:Recipients of this award will enjoy a school fees waiver for their first semester of study, including a lump sum of 50 000 CZK (an equivalent of 2050 EUR) to subsidize their living costs. Beneficiaries of this scholarship are expected to take care of the school fees for the second semester of study. In addition, it is not guaranteed that the scholarship would extend to the students’ second year of study. Continuation of the scholarship is dependent on whether the sponsor of the scholarship receives further funding or not.
- Nationality: Application is open for the students from developing countries.
- Number of Scholarships:A total of six partial scholarships are available.
- Scholarship Location: Scholarship can be taken in theCzech Republic.
- Eligible Countries: Students from developing countries are eligible to apply for this student grants. For complete list of the countries visit the Scholarship Link.
- Entrance Requirements: Applications for these six scholarships have been set aside for students from developing countries and/or countries at the stage of political and economic transition with interest in one of the Faculty’s undergraduate or Masters Degree programs for 2018/2019 academic session.
- English Language Requirements: In cases where English is not the applicant’s first language, it is required that they provide proof of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply:
- Candidates are to complete the scholarship form via the link application form
- In addition to the duly completed application form, applicants are to submit motivation essay of not more than 1000 words, explaining the reason for their, and what they intend to benefit from their studies at Charles University.
- Candidates are to submit two recommendation letters that confirm the student’s financial need from their former teachers from their previous studies. For returnees or current scholarship holders, a cover letter and one recommendation letter a Charles University academic with their application are required.
- Completed applications are to be sent to the Manager of the International Office as provided at this link: find the address here. The documents to be submitted must be originals and written in English (where other language is used, it must be accompanied by certified translations).
IMPORTANT: An online application must be lodged by all applicants for their selected study program and cite the name of the program on their application for a scholarship.
- Candidates who cannot meet the April 30 deadline due to delay in postal services may submit fax copies or scanned copies via e-mail. It is worthy of note that this serves as a temporary measure as the final decision will not be made until the originals have been received.